Saturday 1 January 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas: Day #8

Like everyone else I am feeling the effect of one too many glasses of champagne seeing in the New Year, so I beg mercy and take a back seat in my blogging role today, for which I hope my readers can forgive me. Traditionally the beginning of the year is a time to make resolutions and one of my top aims for the next twelve months is to see theatre, theatre and more theatre. I have squeezed more plays and musicals into 2010 than any other year of my life so far, but looking at all the round-ups of what the year has had to offer I can only pause to think with regret of what I have missed.

Yesterday's post looked forward to some of the theatre that might form part of my resolution this year, and following from that here is a comprehensive selection of what to see in 2011 from Lyn Gardner in the Guardian . But taking a moment to look back, the video I have found today is from one of the best shows of 2010, the Broadway transfer of Hair. Here are the long-haired, breathtakingly enthusiastic and downright wonderful cast at their best performing at the Tony Awards:



If you too were blown away by Hair then show your support and vote for them as Best Musical Revival in the Whatsonstage.com Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment