Thursday 30 December 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas: Day #6

One of this year's theatrical highlights and indeed one of the biggest musical theatre events of the century was the 25th anniversary of Les Miserables, celebrated by a new touring production and culminating in the spectacular concerts at the O2. I have made no secret of the fact that I am a massive Les Mis fan and in fact marked the anniversary of the musical with my own musings on the occasion. My theatrical offerings for this festive season would therefore not be complete without something to celebrate one of the most important events of this year's theatre calendar.

So feast your eyes and ears on this video of John Owen-Jones, who played the role of Jean Valjean in the anniversary tour cast, giving a stunning rendition of 'Bring Him Home'. Unfortunately I did not see the touring production and I will be limited to experiencing the concert from my living room sofa as I watch the DVD recording. I was, however, lucky enough to see John Owen-Jones as Valjean a few years ago when I first saw the musical at Queen's Theatre and his is the performance that I will always associate with the character. I should warn readers before watching this video that you may need your tissues at the ready! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment